Saturday, March 12, 2011

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho

It's off to work THEY go. BTW, who knew it was 'heigh' and not 'hi'?  Weekends are great times to catch up on chores, especially when evenings are the only time you have to do them, and that is not an option b/c you are dead tired and really need to be spending time with your children and/or significant other.  Also, let's be real, chores suck and I have waited 4 years to delegate.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that I can ask my son to go and feed the cat nowadays.  As I am learning, my son loves to "help" me with everything!  I welcome the help for some things and definitely not others.  Here is a list of chores I find appropriate for a 4 year old:
1.  Feeding animals (if you have a dog is not protective over his/her food)
2.  Putting dirty clothes in the hamper (that word is really old-fashioned don't you think?)
3.  Sorting laundry
4.  Dustbusting
5.  'Washing' dishes in the sink (of course you have to re-wash but they think its great fun)
6.  Cleaning up toys
7.  Neighborhood litter clean up (Mine has this 'Grabber' to use so he does not have to get his hands dirty)
8.  Putting items in the recycling bin
9.  Putting sippy cups in the refrigerator
10. Help put groceries away

There are many things I DO NOT  want help with(i.e. anything that involves open liquid containers or permanent ink), but I am trying to keep this positive, so use your own judgement in order to preserve your sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment