Thursday, March 24, 2011

Throwback Thursday: Unicorns

why, why why?

I'd rather not get into how much I loved these mythical creatures when I was a youngster and I am pretty sure this book label illustrates my passion all on it's own.   Can you say lame?
And I won't even address my horrid penmanship considering I was probably reading these chapter books in 3rd or 4th grade.  
I recently discovered this label on the inside cover of my childhood copy of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  I read this shortly after James and the Giant Peach, LOVE!
My parents have been great at saving childhood items for my 3 siblings and me and passing them down to either my children or me to take to my classroom OR just to torture us with.  Many books have been passed down that still bear the lined paper my sister and I taped to the backs as library cards, in hopes that children from all over Springhouse Farms would check out stories from the Silverberg Library.
I have only found one book with a friend's name in it.  
Oh well, we were not destined to be librarians. And I was not destined to earn a degree in Mythological Studies.  What I am destined to do is reminisce, whether I like to remember all the fantastical details or not!
Unicorns were right up there with my love of posters of kittens hanging from a clothes line with kitchy slogans such as 'hang in there' and the like.
Well folks, hang in there with me, there is much more amusement to be discovered............TTFN

4 comments:

  1. I bet I can find a book with a library card I made in my own books when I was young..scarey stuff. I saw there is a book out about a mother hoarder and written by her daughter..maybe we should read it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you are too much! i was never into unicorns or ligers or pegasuses (pegasi?)or any mythical creature really but my grace is!! be sure to save one or two of these beauties for her, will ya?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, my love of mythological beasts stopped at unicorns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know when you are ready for the dolphins.

    ReplyDelete