Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Initiative

This past fall I had a REALLY hard time at work and home.  I'm sorry but it takes a specific skill set to be able to balance working full time and motherhood AND being a good wife.  Actually, I'm not sorry.  I decided I needed to surround myself with moms like me.  So I took the initiative to set up a Facebook playgroup page for working moms.  It's really fun to get together with a set of women who 'get it' on a regular basis.  Not weekly or monthly, but whenever we can fit it into our hectic schedules.  It's nice to sit around and not just talk about our kids, but other things we have in common.  I am proud to say that it has been rather successful and I feel that I have made some great friendships.  I would 100% recommend doing this to anyone who feels like they are struggling to balance these two difficult jobs.  You CAN do it! (ugh, cliche!)


No comments:

Post a Comment