Thursday, March 31, 2011

Throwback Thursday: Item

Item: (n) pair of people, commonly seen as dating, or about to date
This word has a lot of meaning to me.  Why is it a throwback you ask? Two reasons, 1. it's an out dated word in my opinion which makes the next meaning even more funny & 2.  it's one of the first references my husband used in reference to us spending time together.  
I have a slew of throwbacks saved up for rainy days, such as today, when I have nothing much to write.  However, today I do have something to write about.  This afternoon I had the fortunate luck to be able to eat lunch with my spouse.  It was lovely.  He treated me to a cute little Greek place where we spent a little rare alone time.  The fare: traditional gyro and greek chicken salad.  Just the two of us, him eating a gyro sparked my memory of yesteryear.  
Now, imagine 11 years ago on a late, very late night (or very early morning) two young coeds head out to grab a bite to eat.  One orders a gyro and one a grilled cheese with tomato.  The rest of the details don't really matter, but what does matter is what he said to me.  He was about to pay for the meal and he said to me "You know, this doesn't mean we are an item." Ha!  How did I get so lucky? ;)  Guess what Einstein? Yes it does, because 11 years later, we are still eating Greek food together and you are picking up the tab (of our shared checking account!)  For richer or poorer, in sickness and in health,  until death do us part we are an item, a fabulous one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment