Thursday, March 3, 2011

Throwback Thursday

I am thinking I want to dedicate Thursday's to throwbacks.  I do not plan on limiting where I pull these from and suggestions are always welcome.  If anybody knows me (and my family) we love to reminisce.  That is what Thursdays will be for.  Music, toys, vacations, food (think Bonkers), shows, etc....The possibilities are endless.  I do plan to keep this blog upbeat and positive, but I must dedicate this throwback to my first baby.  I feel so lost and empty without her.  I never thought having, or losing, a pet would have this much of an impact on me, though I dreaded the day anytime I thought about it.  I miss my protector, my companion, my nonjudgmental listener, my friend who would do anything I wanted her to (with some coaxing at times. like the time she found an old corncob on the street and it took me 10 minutes to get her to 'Drop it').  She would be lazy with me if i wanted or active.  She never begged to be taken out and she never begged to be fed.  I miss my warm friend who stole Jeff's place on the bed at any chance she got.  I miss my children's constant playdate. I miss smelling her paws (sorry). I miss leaving the door unlocked when going to the playground. I miss feeling safe in my car when traveling and I miss feeling safe in my house when Jeff is away.  I miss being greeted everyday (or almost b/c often she was too lazy to even come down to say hello!)  She was better than anything I could have imagined when taking on the task of raising a dog and I miss miss miss her dearly.

1 comment:

  1. i miss her too!! she was such a good luxy dog!

    but on a not-serious note...BONKERS! bonks you out. some candy.

    you made my night.

    ReplyDelete