Thursday, March 3, 2011

Urban Dictionary

This post is already not going as I had planned. 1. I am searching for an image of Pee Wee Herman as the desk clerk at then end of Pee Wee's Big Adventure (can't find one). 2. I am looking at the definition of people pleaser in the urban dictionary and I find the text below.   This does not describe me, well maybe the part about being perfect and nice.  Why am I doing this you ask?  Well, I love to help people. So I am putting myself out there to let you know that I love to look things up and find things on the web.  Some of you already know this!  I am talking kids toys, books, clothes, beauty products, what have you.  I  welcome emails and comments asking me to assist in searching for necessary goods.  People pleaser, no.  Internet concierge, I might just be! 


1.people pleaser33 up5 down
A relatively new word in the psychology world, it's not in the DSM-IV-TR (a book that a couselor would use for a diagnosis). People pleasers aredoormats who let high expectations, resentment, and saying yes when they mean no run their lives. They are set on being perfect and nice. It affects mostly women because they are socialized to do for other people instead of for themselves. This has also been linked to codependence.












1 comment: