Monday, March 28, 2011

Sometimes Cats Do Have Dogs

Sometimes apples do fall far from the tree.....very very far......The following pictures illustrate my frustration on a daily basis with my son who, as I mentioned before, is a certified hoarder.  I am growing more and more concerned that one of these days he is going to bury himself alive (just like TLC) and I will not find him until he is like one of those stiff, flattened cats found under some lady's decades of newspapers!
Why am I concerned? Please observe the following evidence:
Exhibit A
upon entering standing in the doorway
Exhibit B
To the right of entry
Exhibit C
View to the inside of the tent

Soooo, where did I go wrong? This was certainly not what I had in mind when I started reproducing my little band of minions.  I envisioned little angels cleaning up toys and putting them in the correct bins before taking out another toy. Oh, and without being asked.   Clearly, my plans did not go as expected.  
No, in all seriousness, I just don't get how someone could CHOOSE to live like this?  It's really incomprehendable to me.  I love organization, bins, label makers, etc.  It's like heaven.  I have to say that I have come a long way, and I allow this behavior to go on for days before I explode and go on a  tirade of cleaning.  For example, just now, my daughter picked up a goldfish from an undisclosed location on the kitchen floor and I didn't even flinch.   Luckily I married someone who is right there with me.  
I know I have a long way to go in reference to my neurosis, but knowing is half the battle, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment