Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Why Re-Invent the Wheel: New Uses for Old things

With the school year crawling coming to a close, I have decided to change this topic to New Uses for Old Things.  We all have old crap lying around, don't lie.  Luckily you now have me to tell you how to re-use it :)  Each week, I will post something new to do with common household items on Wednesday afternoons.  I decided to start this now because I will  soon have 10 glorious weeks off with my children and I will most likely not be posting things that can be done in the classroom.  But I might, you never know!  Also, I don't want you to think I am really clever or creative or brilliant because I will be borrowing some of these ideas from  one of  Real Simple's newest publications 869 New Uses for Old Things.  Furthermore, my principal has recently asked me to be the "Recycling Liaison" for the upcoming school year, so I think I should brush up on how to decrease my carbon footprint.  Wow, I am really going places.
So, without further ado, New Uses for Old Things, #1:
Birthday Candles
   For this one, I really did come up with the idea.  My man hands don't quite fit into jar candles when they get down to the bottom, so I use birthday candles to reach without getting my hand stuck and/or that annoying black soot on them.  Brilliant!


No comments:

Post a Comment