Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Low Blood Sugar



I am not sure if I have mentioned this before but I have diagnosed myself as Hypoglycemic.  Meaning, when I don't eat, I turn into a Werewolf.  For this reason I am always searching for new snacks to keep in my bag for when the moment strikes.
Interestingly, it's usually during a traffic jam.  I also have this friend who always teases me that I always tell her about new junk food cravings that I am having.  So in an effort to try healthier options, here are two that I have found to be superb.  The first one is BRAND spanking new.  Nature Valley Granola Thins are a great little snack to keep stashed.  Nature Valley Granola Bars have been refueling me for years.  My mother used to keep them in her bag for when I got cranky on ski trips.  I have also recently found this Clif Mojo Peanut Butter Pretzel All Natural Trail Mix Bar.  All I can say is Yum-O.





So if you have self diagnosed low blood sugar, like myself, here are a few healthy options to keep your inner Werewolf at bay.  TTFN!

4 comments:

  1. Not cranky just a little "faklempt":-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't forget those new fig newton cookies -- blueberry brown sugar TDF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha "anonymous"! :) and the salt and pepper pretzels....TDF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the "healthy" snack ideas, my fellow hypoglycemic:) Cant wait to try the new granola thins. Oh, and have about 3 of the mojo bars in my purse already.

    ReplyDelete