Wednesday, May 25, 2011

New Uses for Old Things #3: Hair




If I know my sister, she will die reading this.  However, being the aspiring gardener that she is, she should listen up.  A few years ago I shared with a former co-worker that I was frustrated about 'something' that was eating my plants.  She told me that if I sprinkle human hair in the garden, the pests won't be attracted to the plants.  It makes perfect sense.  The animals smell humans and then stay away!  I have implemented this little tidbit the two past gardening seasons and it really does work.  How do I get the hair? That is the part that is going to put my sister over the edge.  I take it out of the hairbrush of course.  I do have a bit of a habit of letting it build up in the first place, so this is not difficult for me.  My sister can not stand hair build up in a brush, so it may be a bit more difficult for her to collect.  Anyway, then I just snip little bits and sprinkle it around the plants.  This little tip has helped turn my black thumb to a darker shade of green, so I share this with you and hope you use it,  if you have the same unfortunate skill of killing plants as I do.  As for indoor plants, I'll keep working on it :)  TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. I hope Dad reads this..although he will have to use my brush not his

    ReplyDelete