Thursday, May 19, 2011

14 minutes in Heaven

No, I'm not talking about that silly little game you played in Junior High or Middle School where you went in the closet to make out for 7 minutes.  I am talking about tanning.  I know, I know, it's the devil.  It's bad for you in oh so many ways.  Wrinkles, leathery skin, melanoma, the whole nine.  However, there is really nothing like lying in that bed for 14 minutes and soaking up the fake sun.  Not to mention, having sun kissed skin makes me feel loads better about myself!  Even though this is not my typical Throwback , it kind of is because I haven't tanned in years.  But I am totally being shallow and vain for even going tanning.  I am going to a wedding on Saturday and the dress I am wearing is a golden color.  And if I don't have some golden color on my skin, I am going to look totally washed out!  Also, my husband and I will be sitting on the beach or pool for a few hours before the event and I really don't want to scare the other guests. Plus, it's just that time of year where I need a little color, and while I love my Tan Towels, they really do make me look like Snooki.  I am literally only going for a few times (so don't get your panties all up in a bunch) and after the wedding, I am stopping because I know how bad it is for you.  Anyway, lying there in the quiet solitude of the tanning bed is very relaxing and I am going to revert to my 20 something self and enjoy it for a few days! TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment