Tuesday, April 12, 2011

T.V. Really is The Devil

Today confirms why there are guidelines and recommendations for not allowing children to watch t.v.
My son hears music in the neighborhood and yells "It's the ice cream truck"
My jaw hits the ground.  For 4 years my husband and I had him.;  It's the Music Truck of course! It drives around and plays music for little children.   All if this lying and scheming was to avoid this.  Aside: one of my favorite Eddie Murphy bits of all time.  Anyway, I let this little statement go without responding and revisit later when he is winding down for the night.  Here is how the conversation went:
Me: Hey! Did you hear the Music Truck earlier? (I am so stealth!)
Son: Yeah, but it was an ice cream truck
Me: Hm, how did you know it was an ice cream truck?
Son: Because I saw it was white (??what??)
Me: Oh, but how did you find out it was an ice cream truck?
Son: I saw it on PBS

Thanks a lot! All that hard work and lying right down the drain..........Oh well, now I will just have to lie about not having any money.

1 comment:

  1. ROTFL. That Eddie Murphy skit is hysterical. I didn't think there WERE ice cream trucks anymore. When Keith was a baby, he only came down the street (BLASTING music) when K was napping, and I would hold my breath hoping he would not stop or slow down. "WAHHHHH!" "NOOoooooooooo!" &^%$*#!

    ReplyDelete