Friday, April 8, 2011

The Early Bird Catches the Worm

I have commented on two blogs this week about the importance (at least for me) of getting up before anyone else in my household does.  Let me clarify, this only happens during the week.  On the weekends, I slumber until I hear my name being called or someone playing in their crib.  Let me make this simple, here is what I accomplished today, all before 7 a.m.

1.  Shower and go through the awful process of 'getting ready'
2.  Make coffee
3. Pack lunch for preschool and remember to put Spring pics back in the backpack to be returned to the photographer
4. Write 3 blog postings
5. Check gmail, yahoo, and outlook emails and facebook notifications
6. Pack my bag (breakfast, lunch, water, snacks, things to be mailed, candy)
7. Drink a cup of coffee
8. Dry hair
9.  Run dishwasher
10.  Carry laundry basket of folded clothes upstairs otherwise a certain one year old will tear it up!
11. Pour travel mug of coffee and out the door (7:15 a.m.)
If that is not productive, I don't know what it.
Now not every morning goes so smoothly, especially if one of the kids wakes up early.  But most days this time is sacred to me.  So if you want to feel great about yourself and alleviate some stress for when you get home, go sharpen your beak and catch a big fat slimy one!


I am loving this artist, and I am pretty confident this is what some of my readers are thinking about my topic :)

3 comments:

  1. What time do you wake up? I can't get anything done in the morning outside of shower, get ready, and lunch packing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my alarm is set for 6:05 and i generally hit snooze at least once.....today was a little different, I will admit.....i woke up at about 5:30 and couldn't sleep b/c of the facebook error message so i got up and checked that out.....then i went back up at about 5:50 when o called out for me....got in the shower at 6:10 and completed the rest of the list......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Deborah! I wake up during the week at 5:30 just so that I'm up before everyone else. Each morning I have time to fold laundry and empty the dishwasher...but most importantly I get to enjoy my cup of coffee in peace and quiet. Then when the rest of the house awakes the marathon begins!

    ReplyDelete