Thursday, April 21, 2011

In My Absence

ok, so I have been out of my blogging routine for a few days.  But for good reason.  My husband and I had the forunate opportunity to escape the madness for a few days to The Big Apple.  I grew up approximately 90 miles from NYC and always, always loved going there as a child.  I always wanted to share my love of the city with my husband.  So now we had our chance.  We dropped the kids off at my childhood home, in the loving care of my parents and off we went.  We also have the fortunate luck of being offered nights at the Hilton Club at 53rd and 6th Ave.  Incredible.  We had so much fun.  We walked around Times Square, visited the M & M Store, and FAO Schwartz.  We found a fantastic little restaurant, by pure luck.  We forgot to take a card on our way out, so I can't even tell you what it was called.  R (something) 7.  That is the extent of what I can recall.  It was so delicious, the Calamari was TDF :).  On Wednesday we headed to Madame Toussads Wax Musuem.  Amazing! We had a blast.  Here's one of my favorite pics of some of the fun was figures in the NY museum.  Why did I not know there is a D.C. location??  Did you?



After all this fun it was nap time.  Ahh! Love napping.  Then we geared up to meet up with an old friend at Jay Z's 40/40 Club.  We needed to find a location where my husband could watch the hockey game while my friend and I gabbed.  Much wine was consumed and teh night ended very poorly....for me.  But I won't bore you with the details.  Thursday morning we headed back to PA and resumed life as parents.  It's so nice to get away, but I really do miss the little munchkins while I am away from them. 
I realize I bricked on today's throwback, but the Underoos will have to suffice!    TTFN!

2 comments:

  1. is the Restaurant Rue 57? corner of 57th and 6th? french place?
    delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no it wasn't rue 57 :) have eaten brunch there before! i really can not remember!

    ReplyDelete