Sunday, April 24, 2011

Instinct


Do you see the way I am palming the roof of the Cozy Coupe pictures above? Well that is what I felt like doing to the little girl's face who is swiping an egg from my sweet, innocent, defenseless son.  You can't really see him because of her unfair age advantage and his poor little arm only made it into the picture.  Basically what happened, at the Egg Hunt we went to on Saturday, was that I saw a pretty egg and I told Oden to come and get it because he wasn't getting that many eggs.  I don't think he was prepared for the rush and chaos involved in the hunt for candy!  Anyway, this little lady came and took it right out from under his reach. It really took everything out of me not to scream in her face and make her cry.  I became like a mother bear protecting her young.
Anyway, this weekend was so busy and so fun.  I'll add some pics to illustrate at the end and I'll keep it to a short concise list of things I loved about this past weekend:
1.  The Egg Hunt was fun
2.  Pruned a lot of the loathed Cherry tree (both days) with the help of my friend and her GIANT pruning shears.  I actually climbed a tree to accomplish this.  Didn't think I had it in me anymore.
3.  The weather was primo
4.  Easter morning was adorable.  Both kids loved their goodies
5.  Started reading James Patterson's Cross Fire.  One more hardcover after this and I am officially going paperless!
6.  Sat on my deck and sunbathed (the absolute highlight of my weekend)
7.  Ate brisket for Sunday (easter? passover?) dinner
8.  Tended to my garden
9.  Read tons on magazines
10.  Spent much needed time with my family
and now for imagery.............


Remember those irises I was telling you about?  Here is one that got knocked off when I chopped down one of the limbs of the tree.


This is what was left after I snipped the fallen stalk....how cool!


My daughter at the egg hunt




My son on this 85 degree day!
Tulip

This is been a glorious Spring Break!  Back to work tomorrow :( But the end IS now is sight!  In fact, if my calculations are correct I have 36 days left with my students! I CAN NOT wait for summer.  TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. the iris you gave me has opened up beautifully and looks great on my table!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete