Saturday, April 9, 2011

Blowing Kisses



When I started this blog, I made a rule not to mention my children's names and not to post any pictures of them.  I have to break my rule because this is just too darn cute!  I am surprised she even humored me with food in front of her, because this toddler eats like it's nobody's business.  My daughter is learning so much these days! Blowing kisses is something we have been working on for a few days and she has finally got it!  I can't wait to see what she'll do next.   Maybe add a few words to her vocabulary! I really don't like to compare kids, and i Know I shouldn't, but I have a list of what my son was saying by June 19th (wow I have issues) after his 1st birthday, and it was a lot.  In fact I have it right here.  So, his b-day was in February, so by June he was 16 months old.  Here is what he was saying: bye bye, dada, kitty, look!, whoa, cheese, please, baby, up, car, mama, woof woof :(, no, don't, hello, backpack, uh oh, berry, dog, jersey, cracker, oh my, all done, sit down, quack, okay, keys, argh!, gege, pop pop, puppy, up, bubbles, ball & last but not least, Dora.  So not only words, but 2 word phrases. Yikes little lady, you have A LOT of catching up to do.  In her defense, he never waved, or blew kisses :)

**A little developmental information about why babies/toddlers wave towards themselves is because that is what THEY see when WE wave at them.  They are literally copying exactly what they see.  Just a little tip in case you were wondering and/or thought it was a little off that your child does that, it's a very typical behavior :)** 

1 comment:

  1. Love her!! She is very impressive with the waving & blowing of the kisses...she has plenty of time to get all caught up on the talking.

    ReplyDelete