Wednesday, April 13, 2011

On a School Night!?



As a lot of my nearest and dearest friends and family know, I am not good with change or spontaneous ideas or anything that I have not been able to plan or at least have my hand in a little bit.  I am also not really good with 'evening activities' during the week.  They get in the way of my re-organization of the children's toys, dinner, cleaning up the kitchen, general tidying (for what reason I have yet to know b/c the minute I walk out the door in the morning everything goes back t sh*#), and catching up on DVR'd shows.  Oh, and wine consumption.  Plus my daughter goes to bed EXTREMELY early, like 6 PM, so it's hard to ever do anything for fear of baby breakdown and public embarrassment .  So yesterday when I was talking to my lovely sister on my way home from work, and I informed her that my family was going to eat dinner at Cracker Barrel and then go to Family Jump Time at Pump it Up, she asked cautiously, "On a school night?" Yup, on a school night.  I was actually really excited about it and it worked out very well.  Both kids were well behaved at the restaurant and had a blast running around it P.I.U.  I was also very excited to order my favorite Cracker Barrel offering, Eggs In a Basket (sometimes known as Rocky Mountain Oysters Toast) with a side of Hash Brown Casserole and bacon, as pictured above.  I mean really, does it get any better, minus the fact that is goes straight to the ass and arteries?  My plate was so clean at the end you would have thought I licked it.  I was kind of embarrassed. Anyway the Hash Brown Casserole at Cracker Barrel is T.D.F. (To Die For), a little abbreviation I made up over the weekend. My husband was mortified when I uttered my new term and my mother was elated.
I am really proud of myself for participating in this family event that I would otherwise shy away from.  It was a success!  Yay me.............TTFN!

3 comments:

  1. proud of you. I still call it a "school night" too. A little jealous you went to Cracker Barrel. I still have never been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eri b, you must take the boys and try it! they will love it :) and the country store...........

    ReplyDelete