Wednesday, June 8, 2011

New Uses for Old Things: #5 Paint Swatches



A while back, I read about this great idea in a parenting magazine.  At the time when I tried it out, my son who was probably about 12-15 months, was not ready for this type of game AT ALL (even though I went to Home Depot, collected the color samples and brought them home anticipating engaging in a lively game of Memory!).  Um, FAIL.  But now that my son is 4, he would love it.  Disney has a great collection of Behr paints at Home Depot.  I have found all sorts of colors and shapes online but can't be sure if they are available in the stores.  I found stars, jolly rogers, clouds, butterflies and even tiaras.  All you have to do is hit up your local store, grab a few matching sets of colors and voila! You have a fun, FREE memory game!  Another great idea I stumbled upon while writing this post, is gathering a one of each of the cards (in basic colors) and writing the color name across Mickey's outline like here.  This would encourage you child to learn basic color words along with identifying them.  You could do this with any leftover paint swatches, but these are super fun!  TTFN!
**As always and as promised, this is a tip that can be used in the home or school setting**

No comments:

Post a Comment