Friday, June 24, 2011

Enlighten Me

Now that my husband and son are at the pool and I have my daughter successfully hooked on the Elmo Loves You DVD, I can write about my ponderance (is that even a word?) of the  day.  I thought playdates and playgrounds were supposed to be fun.  When I had just one child the playground and playdates were great.  I could talk to the other moms while my child got socialized and tired out for a lengthy nap.  Enter Baby #2 and all that goes straight out the window.  If I am missing something (besides rolling con un nino) or if there is an easier way, please, please fill me in.  My daughter is everywhere. I mean scaling cement walls while teetering on the edge, about to crack open her skull on the macadam below.  Meanwhile, my son is somewhere else, possibly being abducted while I try to carry on the semblance of a conversation.  And I really try to interact with at least one child at a time, but they are obviously into doing different things and one of them doesn't involve sitting still digging quietly in the sand.  On the other hand you obviously feel that you should, and WANT to, interact with the adults that you are meeting there!  Seriously, I don't get it.  So basically in the future, I plan to have zero expectations for adult interaction and have my son tag along with me while we chase E around, or I can find someone to install a padded room and never leave my house.  Sounds like a plan..............

1 comment:

  1. Find a middle school age child to take along. A few dollars is probably worth it for peace of mind. M.

    ReplyDelete