Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New Uses for Old Things #4: Nail Polish

Candie's Yunnis Peep-Toe Platform Heel


Last week I wrote about the wonderful wedding I attended in Cape May.  I also wrote about how I drank had a little too much and ruined my new shoes.  I love a good bargain, and the shoes pictured above were on sale at Kohl's for a mere $29.99.  Plus I had $10 in Kohl's Cash.  Score for me!  Anyway, these shoes are so practical.  I can literally wear them with anything.  And then I go and fall and not just scuff them, but carve entire chunks of faux patent leather out of the platform on not one, but BOTH shoes.  When I woke up, I was more than pissed off.  Luckily, I had another brilliant idea.  I convinced myself that instead of going out an buying  new pair of shoes, because let's face it, these are a classic wardrobe staple, I would paint the hacked parts with nail color.  The first one I tried at home was not a match.  So I hit up my local Ulta store and picked up Essie Nail Polish in Jazz.  Perfect match!  Now, luckily most of the damage is on the insole of the shoe so it's really not that noticeable.  And now that they are patched up, I feel much better about wearing them.  Why did I go to all this trouble and not just buy another pair? Because I am cheap and I really like these shoes.  In spite of the 4 inch heel they are comfortable, even though I was like 5'10' at the wedding.  I was a giant.  A stumbling, giant. Grand.  Well, I hope this tip will be added to your bag of tricks and I also hope you don't repeat my mistakes.  I am fairly certain I will repeat them for all of us.  TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment