Thursday, June 16, 2011

Throwback Thursday: You Know You Love The 90's If............

Borrowed from vh1.com
If I haven't mentioned it by now, I heart the 90's.  First and foremost, I love the music. I would say I listen to the 90's station on my Sirius 90% of the time.  I love the clothes, I mean not literally, but I adore looking back at the fashion choices my friends and I made during that decade.  I love the  toys and the movies, in 1990 I was 12, but I grew up with brothers who are 6 and 7 years younger than me, so I was always surrounded my the toys and movies.  I am not even really sure how to sum up my love into one of my top 10 lists.  I think I'll change up the format and go with "You know you love the 90's if...." I am going to try to do 25.  Let's go.

*Please note these are MY favorites, feel free to comment on yours!*
You know you love the 90's if:
1.  You have seen the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie.
2.  You can do a perfect imitation of Joey Lawrence saying "Whoa."
3.  You wore a Hypercolor shirt. **
4.  You wore one strap off of your overalls.**
5.  You know the words to Silk's Freak Me.
6.  You saw all 3 renditions of the Amy Fisher Story made for TV movies (not to forget Alyssa Milano starring at the Long Island Lolita!)
7.  You know who Wayne and Garth are.
8.  You wore/owned a Simpson's T-shirt **
9.  You had more than 5 Beanie Babies.
10.  You have seen every episode of Beverly Hills 90201.
11.  You wore babydoll dresses with bike shorts underneath. **
12.  You made fun of the 'I've fallen and can't get up' commercial.** ok fine......
13.  You had a discman and a hookup for it for your car cassette player.
14.  You wore Adidas Sambas.
15.  You wore white slouchy socks.
16.  A scrunchie (sp?) was permanently attached to your wrist.
17.  You often said "Psych!" at the end of your sentences. **
18.  You wore Dr. Martens.
19.  You wore used Levi's.
20.  You know the choreography to the Electric Slide.
21.  You have Rollerbladed.
22.  You've eaten Berry Bears and/or Shark Bites.
23.  You tried Pepsi Clear. **
24.  You logged hours watching Supermarket Sweep (what the hell is wrong with me?)
25.  You dreamt of being on Star Search (technically this show started in the 80's but ended in 1995).
**Items that I am NOT guilty of.

I could really keep going, but I would be here all night and the pinched nerve in my neck will never be the same.  I hope you enjoyed this trip down memory lane as much as I enjoyed writing it.  TTFN!





1 comment:

  1. You taught rollerblading. You were a female hockey player. You had a crystal necklace that looked like Kryptonite.You loved Top Gun. You wore lots of neon colors..I could go on and on...

    ReplyDelete