Thursday, June 9, 2011

Throwback Thursday: Time

Photo by lepiaf.geo
Time, ah sweet time.  Remember coming home from work and napping, or lounging by the pool reading gossip magazines? Yeah, that was awesome.  Keyword: was. Time is something I don't have much of these days.  Let me just clarify by saying that being a parent is not something I would change, ever, but can be exhausting as well as rewarding.  Remember having time to care about what you looked like when you left the house? Having time to dry and straighten your hair, hell who am I kidding, time to shower!?  I seriously forget to brush my teeth 3/7 days a week.  Good thing I keep a toothbrush and toothpaste at work.  Remember not having to strategize outings? Or plan road-trips around schedules?  Today I needed to get to Wegman's which is closer to my work than having to come home and get the kids and then go back so I asked my nanny to meet me there with the kids.  I packed two bags of Cheetos and two juice boxes to keep them busy while I shopped.  My daughter was covered in orange, fake cheese by the time we got to the checkout and the handle of the grocery cart was shellacked with Cheeto residue.  She also screams when I try to clean her.  I know those ladies who smile and coo are really thinking my kid is like Pigpen.  I am that mom, with that dirty Cheeto stained kid!    This is totally off the subject but my daughter really is that kid with the dirty face, much to my dismay.  My son was and mostly still is always clean and neat.  Daughter? Not so much.  It kills me, literally makes me have heart palpitations 
Anyway, with the school year wrapping up, trying to keep up with the Casey Anthony Trial (sorry, but I am hooked and have been since the beginning!), chasing two of my own children, planning a baby shower for a GREAT friend, and house searching, Time is all but a forgotten concept.  I am hoping this summer I have have more Time to edit and add to my drafted Throwbacks and other blog entries, but at this time, this seemed most appropriate.  However, this summer is already starting to fill up with travel plans to the beach and Colorado to visit my sister and her family.  As well as preschool camp (s?) and, oh,  did I mention moving?  Packing this house is going to be the death of me.  I am SUCH a procrastinator and just the thought of cleaning out the junk drawer in the kitchen is throwing me into a tizzy.  I suppose I should think of it as a great excuse to get rid of a lot of unused/wanted items and a wonderful opportunity to re-organize.  But I keep coming back to that junk drawer and when I open it, I take one look and close it back up.  I will get to it, when I have Time :).  TTFN!

3 comments:

  1. I was cleaning out my girls' room and I found a box that hadn't been opened (the room used to be mine and hubby's but we moved to the basement to give them more room and apparently left a few things behind in the closet - in my defense, the door was stuck and I just recently removed it and tossed it in the trash). That box in the back of the closet - it was the contents of the junk drawer from our move from Baltimore in 2004.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I needed that laugh. I love that my granddaughter is "Pigpen" She isn't really ! They can stay with me a few days so you can pack.we'll work it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate cleaning the junk drawer in the kitchen. When I open it, I can see a leather headband that Audrey wore when she was two....and she will be 17 in two weeks :-O!

    ReplyDelete