Saturday, July 2, 2011

Good Times

Today was a great day!  I know I have been a little MIA, but getting used to the summer schedule is a heartier task than I anticipated!  We have been really busy meeting up with friends, swimming and visiting family and friends in PA.  I have had a few 'aha' moments this past trip.  I sometimes think my husband and I spend WAY too much time together, being on the same (essentially) teacher schedule, however this past trip made mie realize just how important that is and how much I rely on him.  I always go to my parents house the intentions that I am not going there to have my mom take care of the kids while I eat bon bons.  Sincerely I don't.  My mom has her hands full as well.  I love going there for the change of scenery, the time with my family, the bigger house, and the pool (in the summer).  But it's hard work without my better half.
 As I wrote about in a previous blog, I also feel like I need to make plans with everyone and see those who I don't get to see during the 'work' year.  But I am realizing that I just need to stop.  I just need to stop feeling guilty about everything and who I didn't get to see or spend enough time with.  I need to remember my new leaf and focus on what's important and to me that means that I will put effort where effort is put into me and my family.  Make time for me and I'll make time for you.................  
Ok, so I just went off on a tangent, but it felt good.  That's what this blog a.k.a. online journal is for, right?
The best part of the trip was seeing my children and the children of my oldest and dearest friends play and swim together.  It was truly a wonderful time.
So getting back to today, here's how it went, but I must preface with the fact that I met my mother in law halfway so she could take my 4 year old for a few nights and my husband left this morning to go get him and spend the night, so.................it's just us girls........
Woke up at 8:30, awesome!
Had breakfast
Got dressed (She let me put on her new shoes which I was worried about b/c she fussed when I tried them on in the shoe store)
Went shopping
Got an amazing deal at Bath and Body Works: 3 anti-bac soaps in patriotic scents and 2 patriotic travel anti-bac holders all for under 5 bucks.  I was elated.
Came home for lunch
She napped for about 2.5 hours, I 'sunned' on the deck and read some of Bethenny's A Place of Yes on my Nook.
Went to the pool, she lasted and hour and a half and we had so much fun playing together.
Dinner
Bedtime for her (6:30)
Laundry, water plants, clean up
Now for wine
Read Us Weekly Lauren's (LC) Broken Heart 
Watch t.v. until I fall asleep
Oh! and I also got a package from an AuPair we had growing up with Austrian chocolate (which I have consumer more than I care to admit!) and two little animals (chipmunks?) for the kids complete with yodeling and Lederhosen!
This is not to say that I don't miss the boys, but I loved my day with my daughter and being able to give her my undivided attention.  That is a GREAT day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment