Thursday, July 7, 2011

Throwback Thursday: Guess the Dictator

Do you remember this game?  I do. I remember hearing about it while living in an apartment with my unamed friend, who I have referenced before, and our then boyfriends, now husbands.  Those were great times.  In between playing Asshole at the dining room table and doing shots of Jagermeister, we did a lot on the computer and watched a lot of t.v.  She and I played "You don't know Jack" all the time on our desk tops that probably weighed more than both of us.  But then I heard about Guess the Dictator Sit-Com Character.  To be honest I did not completely understand it until I played it, BUT even then I didn't quite get it right, which you will see in a second.  You are supposed to have a dictator, i.e. Ho Chi Minh or Sit-Com Character, i.e. Alex P. Keaton in your mind.  The game will 'ask' you a series of questions trying to figure out what you are thinking.  Pretty fun! I even stumped it a few times. So, the first time I played I answered all of the questions about myself, shocking :).  Even funnier, is the fact that at the end the webiste declared "I know! You are Blair from the Facts Of Life!
Wow, that was a reality check.  According the the Wikipedia:
At the beginning of the series in 1979, Blair was played as very rebellious. She was seen smoking cigarettes, drinking beer, and had many boyfriends and was looking to lose her virginity, unlike a lot of the other girls she shared a house with. When the show was retooled in 1980, all instances of Blair's rebellion were either dropped or given to the new character of Jo Polniaczek and she was rewritten as an unashamedly spoiled "Daddy's Girl," whose business alone could have kept Bloomingdale's and Neiman Marcus afloat.

Seriously dying over here................You can read more about Blair and Eastland School alum here.  


In Summary, you got two throwbacks today.  1. Guess the Dictator/Sit-Com Character and 2. The Facts of Life.  I hope you found my little anecdote amusing, because every time I think about that day it brings a smile to my face.  And a little humility.  TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. <3 it!! also, chad and i were cleaning out the attic a few weeks ago and found the you don't know jack disc. that definitely brought back some crazy good memories!!!

    ReplyDelete