Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Why Re-Invent the Wheel: Word Clips


I forgot that I scheduled this to publish last week on Wednesday!  Oops.  Basically, I love this idea for my classroom for teaching name recognition, and spelling.  I love it for home too, but my son already knows how to spell and write his name (not to toot my own horn!) and my daughter is not even kind of ready.  If she would sit still that would be a start.   In my program we do a lot of work with names.  Recognizing you name, your friends names, etc.  I plan to take the kids pics when they arrive in September and glue them to a sentence strip on the left like above.  Then I will simply follow the same idea for writing their first name and putting the letters on clothespins.  Love it!  Find more ideas by clicking Word Clips.

**As always and as promised, this idea can be used in the school and home setting. **

No comments:

Post a Comment