Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New Use for Old Things #10: Burp Cloths

The common cold has crept it's way into my families noses, throats and lungs.  It has also stolen our sleep and ability to laugh without coughing up nastiness.  We all feel like crap.  And I am one of those people that never has tissues around.  Every time my mom comes to visit, she asks where the tissues are and I have to search for them.  We just don't really need them all that much.  Luckily, I have held onto some of my daughters old burp cloths.  I saved a few that have her name embroidered on them and a few other soft ones, I'm not sure why b/c I won't be needing them for anything but wiping kids noses.  My dad always had a 'hankie' in his back pocket and my husband does have some handkerchiefs he has collected over the years, but the soft plush burp cloth is much more soothing!  I don't particularly like the idea blowing my nose in a piece of cloth and putting it back in my pocket, so for myself, I will stick with tissues.  So glad that I held on to these shmatas , not only for my family but for the environment as well!  TTFN!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment