Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Liar Liar Pants on Fire


So in my New Year's Resolution I wrote "You know what else is super annoying? I can't find two of the Little People that go in my daughter's Fisher Price airplane.  I know they will turn up when I stop looking for them, this is a lesson I HAVE learned."  Well, I lied.  Every time I have been in the playroom with my kids  I have looked for them.  The little man in the khaki pants has also been missing, Captain Obvious!, and I have been on a tear for him as well.  
This is a problem I have.  When parts of toys are missing, I know about it.  And I stop at nothing to find them.  Well, I use to stop at nothing anyway.  Now, I really have learned that they will turn up when I forget about them for a while.  But when thoughts of them pop in my head, I go on the hunt.  
So, since January 6th, I have tried to put the passengers to the pink Fisher Price Little People Airplane in the back of my mind, but they have lurked, occasionally calling to me to be found :).  So today, my daughter wanted to jump on her trampoline before I left for work.  She used to be a really amazing sleeper, but lately she has been having trouble sleeping through the night and waking up earlier than usual.  But she still goes to be early, so I won't complain.  I appreciate the time with her in the morning, it doesnt happen ofen during the week.  She is just the sweetest thing, with her pacifier (that I KNOW I should be getting rid of any day now) and sniffing her blanket whenever she needs a fix.  Anyway, as I sat down to watch her jump I happened to catch a glance in the bottom shelf of the play kitchen refrigerator.  And lo and behold, there they were!  I was so excited I took a picture.  I also told my son when he got up how happy I was.  I said, "Guess what I found this morning!?, Those Little People I have been looking for!"  He said, "I put them there, I just didn't want to tell you."  Thanks for torturing me for almost three weeks sweetie!  
So, all in all, I am super excited that they are finally able to take their places back in the passenger seats on the airplane and the Zookeeper can get back to his duties.  And, my life lesson about things turning up when least expected is once again reaffirmed :).  
TTFN!!

5 comments:

  1. Did you find the Little People, crazy person? It has on yoga pants and some type of Penn State t-shirt. it has blonde hair and goes by Deborah....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! And Oden's response - uh oh! That sound like trouble as he gets older, heheh!

    Missed you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure whether to be offended or flattered Anonymous that you've taken so much notice to my writing. Nevertheless, that would be a kick-ass Little People figure.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous is more hilarious than Oden's response. Glad you found the people and you can move on. :-) What will drive you crazy next?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every mother will be tortured by their children at one time or another. I hope Sarah R's daughter doesn't borrow her diamonds some day

    ReplyDelete