Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving in a Nutshell


First of all, I am obsessed with Subway Art.  I had this one up until yesterday and now I have this one, until I am ready for my winter print.  Getting back to Thanksgiving, it was great.  As you know by now, I like lists and keeping things simple, so here is my succinct Thanksgiving rundown.
  • Drive to Pa Wednesday evening.  Put the kids to sleep, hang out with my brother and his girlfriend for a little while.  
  • Thanksgiving Day at my parents house.  Took the kids to be childhood friends house in the morning for a playdate and had to leave after her bother arrived with his family and petrified my daughter.  My grandmother and Aunt arrive around 3 for the holiday.  Mt grandmother is 93, whom my father gave an iPad lesson, and she will be getting one for Hanukkah..  We ate around 5 and I shoveled my food in b/c my daughter was a bit cranky and not in the mood for a big sit down dinner.  Everything was delicious.  After the kids were asleep, more hanging with brother and GF.  Watched a hilarious old dance show and had a great time making fun of my brother who would like a casserole dish for the holidays! :)
  • Friday, basically hang out all morning until my full body massage appointment at 1 pm.   Got some great feedback on possible reasons for my sciatica.  Most annoying condition ever.  Also, husband, son and dog leave to go visit in-laws.  
  • Friday night hang out with 3 of my oldest friends.  So much fun!!  Love to be with old friends who know me best :)
  • Saturday shopping with mom while daughter hangs out with Pop-Pop.  
  • Saturday night head back to Va with daughter.  I liked the idea of having the whole day Sunday to catch up on stuff that needed to be done before work on Monday. (i.e. vacuuming for fleas, laundry, emptying dishwasher, etc)
  • Sunday, just as stated above.  Also, cooked a great casserole , the husband approved and did not look like he was about to vomit after trying it.  Also, put together my holiday card, whew...........
  • Last, walked with my son to this house which is RIGHT around the corner from our house.  We have been watching the progress over the last few weeks and were very eager to see it all lit up!!  He was so excited, we are going back tonight :)  Actually, the website is outdated but you get the idea.  There are many, many more decorations now.  
Soooooo, that is how my family spent the past few days.  Hope your Thanksgiving was as fulfilling, TTFN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment