Monday, November 21, 2011

The Truth Hurts


Yes, yes, Molly is a beautiful specimen.  Her markings are gorgeous, her face is unforgettable.....and so is her behavior.  I can not express how badly I wanted a dog to fill the empty space that I felt after my first passed away.  Well, the empty space is filled.  With torment.  I know, I know, she is just a puppy, barely 9 months old.  I am just not used to the level of activity she requires.  Must be the lab in her!  And honestly, walking her does not phase her one bit.  Plus I almost lose my arm because she is quite the squirrel and bird enthusiast.  She is constantly at my feet, I trip over her numerous times a day.  Where is my lazy beast, who I had to drag out of my bed???  Molly has no respect for my commands, however she is more than happy to listen to my husband and even my brother.  She has peed on my bed a few times despite me.  For example the other night, I lay in bed with my son reading him a book, and guess who got jealous and too a leak on my bed!?  Seriously??  Not to mention the case of fleas she came down with last week.  Have I mentioned I am anal?  Have you ever had fleas?? Or read about them or their resiliency?? OMG.  I have been a washing, vacuuming, chemical spraying, salt/Borax mixture sprinkling madwoman for 8 straight days.  I would not wish fleas upon my worst enemy.  Don't get me wrong, we don't have a full on infestation, but I might as well be as preventative as possible, right??  
Let me refocus for a minute, I love Molly for the most part.  I love at night when she's tired, I love when it takes her an hour to chew her rawhide or lick her Kong clean, and I love when she wants to curl up next to me.  The kids love her, for the most part.  She just needs time, not much of something I have.  
So why does the truth hurt? Because everyone warned me that this is a ridiculous idea, that no dog would EVER be as good as Lux.  My husband keeps taunting me, Admit it, admit it, this was a terrible idea..........I won't verbally commit to his I told you so :)  But writing it is ok........TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment