Thursday, October 20, 2011

Throwback Thursday: Food Delivery


For some reason the term Schwan's comes up often in my family.  For example the other day I asked my son if he knew what a picture of something was (it was a swan) and my husband heckled from the background 'Schwan!'  My family had this food delivery service growing up.  I specifically remember the chicken fingers, but not much else.  I assume my parents utilized this service while one of my younger brother's was very sick with Leukemia.  They were often with him at C.H.O.P. and my sister, youngest brother and I were taken care of by one of wonderful au pair's.  One of whom I am still friends with on Facebook, how amazing!  The truck pulls up, delivers your frozen food and off they go to the next family.  Anyway, my husband and I often joke about the Schwan man and wonder if we should utilize the service, I am thinking  Yes please!  This also brings me to another delivery service where I grew up named, Charles Chips.  Literally, chips, pretzels and candy could be delivered to your home via truck.  That sounds like something I could definitely utilize!  Did and/or does your family use Schwan's? I'd love to know!  TTFN!

P.S. I have added a few new tunes to my playlist.  you will have to press play, as it no longer plays automatically :) some birdies have told me that is no bueno

No comments:

Post a Comment