Friday, September 23, 2011

T.G.I.F.



Driving to work this morning listening to my music blasting, I was reminded of Fridays long ago. Fridays usually went either of two ways.  1.  Happy Hour then early bedtime (because we all know when you are young and single Happy Hour turns into much, much more) or 2.  Nap after work then either off to the bar or my husband, then boyfriend,  and I ALWAYS had people over to hang out and get our drink on.
Fridays nowadays don't really go that way. I am lucky if I can keep my head off the pillow after the kids go to bed, and if there is a glass of wine involved forget about it.
So driving to work made me think about the days of hanging out, listening to music and dancing.  Once I became acquainted with iTunes dance parties were usually on the evening's agenda.  Certain friends even had solo dance parties if no one else was interested ;), you know who you are, NYE, ehem!   I love my more grown up life now, but this morning made me long for those days......There are 5 current songs that make me want to get up and dance my ass off. I mean really get my Jersey Turnpike on, here they are:

1.  Maroon 5 Moves Like Jagger
2.  Pitbull Give Me Everything  
3.  LMFAO Party Rock Anthem
4.  Katy Perry Last Friday Night  (obviously!)
5.  Cobra Starship You Make Me Feel Good
**Bonus** 
Britney Spears I Wanna Go (can't leave Brit Brit out!)

Also a little side note, since we are talking about music.  I have recently seen the movie Country Strong and despite the reviews, I really, really enjoyed it.  I liked the story and the music, particularly, a song called A Little Bit Stronger sung by Leighton Meester, for all of you Gossip Girl fans.  It doesn't make me want to dance, but it is 'turn it up and belt it out' in the car worthy :)  I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I am totally ordering myself this shirt.....TTFN and TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment