Friday, September 9, 2011

The Memory of an Elephant (again we are back to the Apple Tree)

I don't know if I have ever mentioned this but I have a fantastic memory.  I remember the most ridiculous things from my childhood, adolescent, and early teen years.  Late teens and on are a bit hazy for reasons I am not permitted to say.  Anyway, I must have passed this gene on to my son, who remembers everything!  Tonight's anecdote just needed to be shared.  As I am bathing him I used my daughter soap to wash his shoulders and face.  Now, mind you while I was pregnant with him, this article surfaced and he has never been touched with a lavender or tea tree product.   Anyway, last year when my friend had a son, she asked me if I wanted all of her leftover Johnson's Bedtime Bath that she hadn't  used with her daughter.  I asked her, "Why, don't you want B@$*% to have boobs?"  She laughed, and yes she had heard the same thing.  Anyway, now a year later, while I am bathing my own son and used the J&J Bath by accident, I exclaimed, 'Oh! I used your sister's babywash on you!'  He replied, "Mom! Now I am going to have boobies!"   I think there are 2 reasons for this, 1. He overheard my friend and I talking about it last year, and 2. His father probably tells him he can't wash him with it b/c he will grow breasts.  So that's my little anecdote, I hope you enjoyed it!  I haven't done any recent research about the boy boob theory, but feel free to do so and follow up with a comment!  TTFN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment