Thursday, March 17, 2011

Throwback Thursday: Crazy Eddie


His prices are INSANE!  I know, I know, St. Patrick's Day FAIL!  But honestly, I was thinking about this is the shower the other morning and I had it all ready to go for today! Then I realized I should probably do something hokey for this great day, but I am sticking to my guns.  Always go with your first instinct, just like the answering questions on the SAT's, because in my case, instinct was all i had to go on, not academic intelligence.  
Crazy Eddie commercials were always on when I was a kid. If you did not grow up in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut during the 70's and 80's, you probably have no idea what I am referring to.  These stores were only native to the Northeast. 
I particularly recall one of these ads being played in a scene in Splash. Fast forward to 6:19 here to see just what I am talking about for you non-N.Easterners.  
If you don't know what Splash is, then I seriously can't associate with you.  So look it up along with Girls Just Want to Have Fun, then get back to me.  
Crazy Eddie stores are now out of business due to Eddies's fraudulent business practices but are still fun to remember.
Not only did you get a throwback to Crazy Eddie in this post, but 2 equally as memorable 80's movies that rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment